Wanderer's playground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» I think I missed something
ADM: Anonymous Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 6:03 pm by Ukosh

» test
ADM: Anonymous Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:03 am by Wanderer

» test
ADM: Anonymous Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:11 am by Wanderer

» testing
ADM: Anonymous Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:04 pm by Wanderer

» random questions
ADM: Anonymous Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:25 pm by Wanderer

» Roll Call
ADM: Anonymous Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:16 pm by Wanderer

» TEST...TEST...
ADM: Anonymous Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:45 am by Wanderer

» and we're off!!!!
ADM: Anonymous Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:44 am by Wanderer

» Stinger’s Scar
ADM: Anonymous Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:21 pm by Lurker

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ADM: Anonymous

+2
Warjack
Mysteryashslayr
6 posters

Go down

ADM: Anonymous Empty ADM: Anonymous

Post by Mysteryashslayr Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Feedback please. I accept all negative and positive feedback.

I run personal scenes to up to 6 players max.

Some scenes will only have one person in it aka personal scenes.

I will post in the main room that the scene is locked or move into a room called locked scene.

If you pm me and I say its locked, I am most likely telling other players the same thing. I do not refuse a player base on ooc actions or ic action. Only time I would do it icly is because of Alignment restrictions or ic actions that involves in a previous scene that relates to the one at hand.

If you are told the scene is locked, do not tell me that you then deserve xp for denying your the chance to join. Don't tell me that I am not doing my job and other angry posts.

In my scenes any thing that you have disagreement about something happening in the scene do not flood the scene, please post pause on the main screen and that your talking to me in a pm. Flooding the screen does not help your case or the players. I may even put my foot down on a topic, I read your posts all the time, if its too much trouble and holding the scene and telling me what to do, I will kick you out. Continuing afterwards flooding me in pms or other players still in the scene I will deduct - xp -

Forum PM's, I normally answer right away, some times it will take up to 24hrs to reply, if it takes longer, which it shouldn't please do not message me about it until 48 hours has passed. I may be working something up for you that can be a personal scene or irl reasons.

Last edited by Mysteryashslayr on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mysteryashslayr
Mysteryashslayr

Back to top Go down

ADM: Anonymous Empty Re: ADM: Anonymous

Post by Warjack Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:30 pm

The more constructive the better.

Warjack

Back to top Go down

Post by padawanjoe Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Managed to get allowed late entry into a started scene on 31Jan2012, very much appreciated. The scene itself went well, It seemed to be laid out and planned well and actually more of a challenge than would have been expected of the group that was in it. Being late i missed the start, but from where i jumped in i feel, the chosen monsters flowed well with the plot of the theme. Your familiarity with how they worked was good, you were on top of pretty much all the associated rules. You handled the impromptu power balancing well due to the party size and level not being what the scene was planned for. Over-all well planned, well executed, would have been fun to see given the full size expected group run it. The rewards seemed a bit high at first glance, but more balanced looking back. Personally having 2 near death experiences, 1 character death, 1 near party wipe, and a good part of it coming from the stipulations made at the start of the scene, it was about right, if still a little on the high end.

padawanjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by padawanjoe Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:08 pm

2Feb2012 Mystery door of doom.
Alright there was definately some good and some bad with this. I want to start with, the concept is great. i'd love to see a more varied spread of encounters. Having a scene that isn't based on combat is excellent and far too uncommon around here, not only now, but always has been, it may not went as well as hoped but dont give up on the concept. One of the bigger problems of the scene was the lack of an appropriate group member, we weren't a very balanced group. I think mentioning a scene will be high risk or very dangerous or what have you may affect people's OOC judgement as to whether or not they will join an addy, honestly no one wants to lose their PC but, that should be the chance you take doing anything, without a forewarning of "this might kill you." The goings were rather slow paced and kind of dragged on. It is difficult to keep pace up on a scene when ooi, but you could add in something to give them a sense of urgency, Impending danger to someone else, a device set to trigger, a monster to be let loose. I understand you were kind of trying to do that with the timer during the questions, but just telling them they have to do something fast isn't as effective as leading them to believe that they have to do something fast. i think the only other thing i would suggest is break up the tedious things with a little action, some creatures for the combat types to hold off while the more mental focused characters solve something, not necessarily init combat but some sustained tests or something to hold back creatures or barred doors or securing an important support item, the chance that the PC's could fail the tests at some point will give the ambiance of urgency i mentioned, you can even have the DC's be progressively harder or increasing penalties for fatigue and the sort.

Over all it was well ran, good concept just some fine tuning and it could easily support a larger group where you'd be guaranteed to have a more balanced spread. The group size not being larger and more varied was one of the main problems and that's not so much on you, as it is the players that say they dont get into things and then don't join things when they have the chance. again, the rewards were a little high, you can probably undercut the rewards you give by about 10~15% just due to the frequency people are rewarded playing in a chat environment.

padawanjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nergal Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:54 am

First, let me say I am always appreciative of someone trying to run an addy. That being said...honestly, quiz addies (espcially onces that focus on other addies that only a few could have been on) leaves players rather bored and left out. It works well, sometimes, in Table Top but onlline, where it takes longer to type and answer and where it is less of a small group that all knows each other it doens't really work very well. Nothing wrong with an attempt, but..just something I've noticed over there years (and I've tried it myself..so..yeah...learned it the hard way).

Nergal

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelian Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:12 pm

Just wanted to say, particularly in contrast to what often feels like a lot of mega lethal, not always necessarily balanced fightpaloozas, I do really appreciate the changeup to stuff like obstacle courses, riddle/trivia contests and the like. Basing some of them on actual in game events is a rough choice (not everyone is up to date or involved in those, it can make the questions more or less impossible), but it was otherwise fine really. It's at least an attempt to offer some variety in what goes down on chat, and I feel that should be encouraged.

Kudos specifically for more or less sparing the really new, level 2 guy (seeming both new to the chat, online rp and pathfinder itself) when things went south for him. It's a good show of consideration.

Aurelian

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelian Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:23 am

Okay.. I've been sitting and thinking about this.. blowing up Ascendant Court drastically changes the thematics and character of the city. Something like that would rock the city both on an economic level, and just.. as a city, on sheer scale of casualties and the like.

I don't know, if you guys are ever intending to promote this place on forums and the like to try and attract more players, but "we blew up a massive important chunk of the city in month 1" doesn't feel like it will encourage people on by.

Aurelian

Back to top Go down

Post by harmonybat Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:55 am

While I appreciate the effort that goes into leveling a character, my already-sanctioned character had her racial traits changed on her sheet without consulting me when I tried to level her. I neither requested nor wanted to be changed from a standard core rulebook human character to one with alternate racial traits. My protests went unanswered for several days and it was never explained to me why my character needed to be changed -- if there was a math error I would be glad to work with the GMs to adjust it, but it seemed that Anonymous just made this decision regarding my character without being willing to accept any input from me.

While I understand changing egregious rule-breaking without consulting the player in some unbalancing conditions (a person starts with an elephant-mounted cavalry numbering in the thousands!), I don't think this policy of changing a character's racial traits to those you decide on without consulting the player or the sanctioning DM is conducive to players feeling any ownership of their characters. In my personal case it is giving me a character I understand less; I'm a new Pathfinder player and want things to be as close to standard as possible while I learn the game. Particularly in my case, the change was a mistake -- Anonymous cannibalized two racial traits to give me one that I did not want.

harmonybat

Back to top Go down

Post by harmonybat Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:08 pm

Instead of correcting my sheet or explaining why he chose to change it, Anonymous responded to the questions in my forum thread with simply "its ok" after nearly two weeks' wait. I would like my character restored to her original form, and I don't think GMs should be making this kind of character modification choice at all.

harmonybat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum