Wanderer's playground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» I think I missed something
Tips on How to Request Levelup (Please Read) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 6:03 pm by Ukosh

» test
Tips on How to Request Levelup (Please Read) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:03 am by Wanderer

» test
Tips on How to Request Levelup (Please Read) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:11 am by Wanderer

» testing
Tips on How to Request Levelup (Please Read) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:04 pm by Wanderer

» random questions
Tips on How to Request Levelup (Please Read) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:25 pm by Wanderer

» Roll Call
Tips on How to Request Levelup (Please Read) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:16 pm by Wanderer

» TEST...TEST...
Tips on How to Request Levelup (Please Read) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:45 am by Wanderer

» and we're off!!!!
Tips on How to Request Levelup (Please Read) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:44 am by Wanderer

» Stinger’s Scar
Tips on How to Request Levelup (Please Read) Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:21 pm by Lurker

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Tips on How to Request Levelup (Please Read)

Go down

Tips on How to Request Levelup (Please Read) Empty Tips on How to Request Levelup (Please Read)

Post by Willoway Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Levelup requests should be posted in your Personal Player thread. Title the post '(Insert PC Name) Levelup' or something like that so the DM's know where to look when they check your thread.

Make it clear. Please note what character level you're aiming for and what class. This is especially important when multi-classing so that the processing DM knows which one you're working on. Also, if you're using a class that's not in the core books, could you please indicate which book it comes from to save searching through the entire library.

I don't know how other DMs prefer to see level ups but I work by differences. For example...

I don't know how other DMs prefer to see level ups but I work by differences. For instance, instead of typing BAB 4 Fort 4 Ref 1 Will 1, type BAB+1 Fort+1, especially if that is all that changes. It saves me having to go through what you put to see what is changed and also confirm that the change is correct. I warn you, I check everything .. that's why it takes so long.

Hit points: Please indicate if you're taking half or rolling. This is important, especially since, as I was told, we have a house rule that allows an extra +1hp at every odd level if all the previous level hps were calculated by taking half. If hit points are not specified I assume that you are taking half. Also hit point rolls are supposed to be witnessed. Cutting and pasting the entry from the dice roller should suffice for that.

Feats: Class feats should be listed separately from standard feats. Also, if you're using a non-standard feat, i.e. not one in the Core books, it would be useful to indicate where it came from. I do intend to note that alongside the feat in order to assist any DM to find out what it does when they need to. There are quite a few oddball feats out there.

Spells: As for feats, any oddball spells, please indicate the source.

Skill points. I try to check that you have spent the right number of skill points for the class you are leveling up in. Please specify the number of ranks you are advancing in the skill, especially if it is a cross class skill. (i.e. +1 is 1 skill point but +1.0 is 2 skill points). Don't just say what the total bonus is, that means nothing. The total number of ranks gained (x2 for cross class skills) should equal the number of skill points you're allowed to spend.

Basically, keep it clear and easy to understand, and that should make processing level ups much easier.

MF Administration & Staff

Willoway
Site Admin

Back to top Go down